http://www.polldaddy.com/s/CFAB7A90241B949B/

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TeeBeeDee is closing down

TeeBeeDee is an online community for the 40+ crowd. Was. It's just given two weeks notice.

I don't think online communities can support a niche crowd like that at a profit right now. I think that advertisers are pouring their money into FaceBook (despite data that indicates MySpace is the social network of choice for adults). Someday the market may splinter, but I think that with sites like FaceBook, we who are over 40 can also network with those substantially under 40. My friends on FB include my kids, many of their friends, and fellow volunteer firefighters. They range in age from 16 to, well, even older than me. And that's one of the benefits of the social network.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home